So someone fancast Gwen in a fic….
This is their description of ‘new’ Guinevere:
“She had blonde hair with natural highlights running through it making it look golden, and it fell down her back in naturally formed ringlets. It fell around her face like a soft, lush veil.
This person had the nerve to play black to justify why they felt it was okay to white-wash gwen!
Wow. What the…so they’re Black now? LOL
So, them being Black (which I doubt) means it’s ok to replace the ONE woman of color on the show in the most transparently racist way possible? Umm, internalized oppression is a THING. Look it up.
Also, they say show!Gwen is weak and insipid, but I haven’t seen anything in her white!Guinevere that convinces me she’s strong or cool. Her father died and she has an uncertain position in life? Sounds familiar….oh wait, except the Gwen from the show, yknow the brown-skinned girl whom they just can’t bear to think about, went through the exact same shit WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF BEING WHITE AND PRIVILEGED.
- cquische likes this
- anedumacationisnomore likes this
- johnsonslittlefishingbuddy reblogged this from witchpieceoftoast
- elledeparis reblogged this from irresistible-revolution
- witchpieceoftoast likes this
- irresistible-revolution reblogged this from thefrankfan and added:
- witchpieceoftoast reblogged this from irresistible-revolution and added:
- thefrankfan reblogged this from irresistible-revolution
- bluemagicrose likes this
- omphaloskepsistthefirst likes this
- imisssleaterkinney likes this
- irresistible-revolution likes this
- thefrankfan likes this
- irresistible-revolution posted this