Something I don’t want to see in the Zutara fandom.
This whole “gizoogle” or whatever thing. I don’t like it, and I don’t want it tainting Zutara.
Yes, there are real people out there who talk like that. They just do. It’s not your place to laugh or judge. Language is language. My language isn’t better than anyone elses. Ebonics isn’t meant to humor anyone.
It’s just a way to speak.
The entire idea behind it is “omg look at how black people talk” like nope nope nope nope nope nope not funny stop it now.
I just don’t want to see it in this fandom.
Let’s keep being the badass, non-offensive fandom that we are, shall we?I am from Atlanta. I talk that sometimes and I have friends who talk like that as well. My brother still teases me to this day for taking like a “black girl”. No one is trying to make fun of anyone, and it’s irritating that I can’t even post something for fun without being socially incorrect.
- phemyscira reblogged this from irresistible-revolution and added:
- jamaicanairhorn reblogged this from dangercupcakemurdericing
- onhismouthlikeliquor likes this
- thinkspeakstress likes this
- shirii likes this
- stankface reblogged this from comfyfemme
- stankface likes this
- aflightoffancy likes this
- sexyboostache reblogged this from petrarkanian
- pauldierdens likes this
- misandriennearchive reblogged this from comfyfemme
- shsldropout likes this
- petrarkanian reblogged this from comfyfemme
- tamsindennis likes this
- zoddamnit likes this
- dangercupcakemurdericing reblogged this from irresistible-revolution
- elledeparis reblogged this from irresistible-revolution
- tiromoo likes this
- irresistible-revolution reblogged this from likeadove and added:
- shoeninja likes this
- kathrynlacey said: There’s always going to be something that offends someone. There’s no getting around it. I honestly think people would be a lot happier if they could learn to laugh at themselves and not take everything so personally. =\
- typeatsundere likes this
- catedrals likes this